Monday, January 29, 2007

Tired...

I've had so much on my mind lately but I really haven't had anytime to post..not until today. It's my first day off, thank god! I love reading everyone's post so I'll give you one right back. Here's my latest update: I was hired to work P/T the usual 3-4 days/week, but now it looks like I'll be working 5 days a week but only 7.5 hrs/day. Isn't that just strange! So needless to say but I'll say it anyways, "This is crazy, and I'm not sure what I'm doing." It's always the case, so don't fret, cuz I'm feeling a little better today. Maybe I'm in need of therapy??? So far, I've spent 5 full days at the bakery, working the dreaded weekends. The good news is that I am becoming a pro at laminating dough. It looks like I'll be in charge of the croissant and puff dough from now on. I love the sheeter and that gadget they have to press the dough and butter into blocks. I am also getting good at mixing bread (even though the HOBART does all the work) but at least I know when to add more flour and check to see if the gluten has developed yet.

Went to a couple of restaurants this week in downtown San Mateo and enjoyed both of them. Didn't realize I had so much good stuff to chose from. Wednesday night went to Sinbad's and ordered their chicken swherma wrapped in lavash and baba ganoush. Loved the sandwich, because the chicken was grilled and it tasted so refreshing because of the assortment of veggies. They also have entertainment there: music and a scantily dressed woman shaking her hips. Sean would love it there! Second restaurant was the Japanese place next to the Japanese supermarket. Never noticed it before. Very small setting, but I liked it that way. They had everything except for sushi rolls. We tried a couple of specials: pickled fried rice (very good), curry udon (not bad), and tonkatsu ramen (santa ramen is better-plus i thought tonkatsu was the breaded fried pork...that was not the case. instead i received two thinly sliced pork.) Regardless I enjoyed the placle and will go back.

Here's what I baked this morning:


lemon chocolate tart
(chocolate is underneath)








banana nut muffins -------->







Here's an Eggplant Pasta Sauce that I made last week. Very good over pasta! Found it on someone's website! ( I should post these recipes huh?)







Anyways more ranting and ravings to come.....

No comments: