Monday, January 29, 2007

Jed, you're gonna love this one

My attempts at finding a job have been frustrating and fruitless. I have been getting some calls and interviews at places but nothing that I am excited about. I did interview at one place in LA and loved the place and the people. I think that I could strongly say that I would fit in well there. So I wrote the standard thank-you later and a week after I interviewed, I did the follow-up phone call. Well the sous-chef who is in charge of hiring and the one who I worked with during my interview starts rattling off the job description when I get him on the phone. I stop him mid-sentence to remind him that I have already interviewed. Get ready for this one guys...his reply, "I'm sorry, I'm never like this but I can't seem to remember you." What?!? Are you kidding me? Story of my life. I assume he misplaced my resume and wasn't even considering me. Memories of being forgotten came crashing in. Chef Hodgson forgetting that I interned at Copenhagen. Mr. Stellman taking role in his class and looking around the room in search of me but didn't even see me sitting ten inches from his nose. In accounting class where I would yell "Here!" during role call and still not be heard. Is there something about me that makes me so forgettable? Ouch.

No comments: