Thursday, January 18, 2007

First Post! Welcome

So the first post on this new Blog. What to write? First, I hope everyone was able to sign up without too many problems. Each of us should be able to post new content whenever we want through your own accounts. This space is intended for you to post rants, raves, stories, experiences, recipes, and anything else you want to share about food, dining, cooking, working, etc.

I am still working on the layout and making it look pretty and functional, but please start posting. Everyone can start with an UPDATE post. Let us know what you have been up to since our last day together.

Here is my Update:
I quit Greens as of 1/14. My last day at Chow will be 1/26. Over the holidays, Tom (my chef de cuisine from Piperade), messaged me about a job opening there and at the sister restaurant, Bocadillos. I will be working at Piperade again starting 1/29.

My episode of Bay Cafe aired in December. It was exciting and embarassing to watch myself on TV. All the feedback from the show thus far has been very positive. I just got the DVD from the producers, so let me know if you guys would like a copy. I will send it out as soon as I learn how to burn a DVD.

For Christmas, Cindy got us dinner reservations at The French Laundry in February. I am so excited and can't wait to go. As some of you know, we went down to LA over new years. We left SF around 4:30pm (after working 7-3 at Greens) and I drove like a madman to make our 10:00pm reservations at Lucque's. Food there was flavorful and yummy!!! We had the best short ribs with horseradish whipped potatoes, roast suckling pig with greens, and sweet potato beignets. We also did our usual romp through Westminster (Bolsa/Little Saigon) which was excellent as always.

Other meals over the break include Delfina, Dolores Park Cafe, BiRite Creamery, Jai Yun, Scott Howard, Yield Wine Bar, and Dynasty Seafood in Cupertino. I will post reviews of these at a later time.

I look forward to reading all of yours, and please, let me know what bugs you and what I should change about this site. Thanks

No comments: