Monday, January 22, 2007

UPDATE!!!

Buenos dias gang!

First off, good job Richard on taking the lead and finding us a group blog. Love it! Good job with the pictures...I was very surprised. I'm gonna need to learn how to do that with my own site too...might have to ask you for help.

So as of 1/19 I officially accepted the job in Palo Alto. I think my official title is "Baker's Assistant". I had a difficult time making this decision mainly because the bakery was not Tartine...I just love the look and feel of tartine's bakery. However, I will be exposed to laminated doughs, bread making, cake and pie preparations, and much more. This job is offering me everything I've been wanting to learn. So I guess I'm making the decision to become a baker. Funny...cuz this is no where near what I imagined myself doing when I first started the program.

I am also taking a conversational spanish class, so from time to time I will be practicing my spanish on you. Going back to school feels weird without you all. And lately I've been feeling as if I'm getting older and older. Yawning at 9pm is a major sign that my social life will soon cease to exist.

At this point I'm just ranting now. My right arm/bicep/shoulder/neck is so messed up right now from playing the Wii. Two nights ago we had game night in Foster City and my sports challenged friend whoop our asses at tennis. After two straight rounds of winning, I finally took down the reining champion. And as soon as I took over, Nick knocked me right off. So next time we have game night who wants to come?

hasta luego, chau amigos, chau amigas!

3 comments:

rich said...

Congrats on the new job. What's the name of the new bakery? Do I hear a Wii tournament? I want a Wii!!!

izzie said...

just say Palo Alto, I don't want this post to pop up on Google when someone does a engine search. thanks!

peachy57 said...

Congrats! We must all start somewhere! Hope you like being there. If not, there's always something else out there.

Cuando esta tu clase de espanol? If you ever get to intermediate let me know and I'll join you!