Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Bakeshop all Over again...

First day on the job. Woah, glad to be done with my shift! It almost feels like I'm back in first semester bakeshop minus all the cool folks of course. My little department is as big as the cake/tart station in Hodg's class. Very tiny..to0 tiny if you ask me. The space fits a small proof box, two ovens, one convection oven, and a big (what's that mixer that mixes all of our breads called????) - we make a whole lotta bread!

The most exciting part of my day was laminating dough. The sheeter is thee times Hodg's and it's so much easier to manuver. Also, there's this spiffy machine that takes care of the dough and butter for me so that it comes out to a perfect rectangle. It's amazing!! No more pounding butter!! Yeah!

NOt quite sure if this is what I want to do with my life yet - I'm just testing out the water and seeing if I'm any good at it. I guess that will determine where I'll end up next.

hasta luego!

No comments: