Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Happy Steak and BJ Day

Okay, this is going to publish if it kills me. I have been soooo horrible about posting on here since getting back from Napa because I have been working like a dog. I worked like 15 out of 17 days when I got back and things have been busy.

So, Napa was soooooo fun. I enjoyed every minute we were away and only wish we could travel forever. Can anyone hook me up with a travel mag so I can travel for the rest of my life? So French Laundry, lets see. The food was good. The service was outstanding. The overall experience was fun. But in the end, I just felt the food was not special enough to warrant the price. It was a lot of well executed small dishes that leave your stomach hurting in the end. But there was nothing that really stands out except for a ginger cake with apple sorbet. I don't have the itch to go back and try ... which makes me sad. Do I regret going? HELL NO! It's an experience more than a meal.

Bouchon on the other hand, was all about the food. Our server was definately not as accomodating as they were at FL. But the food was just outstanding. Cindy had the steak, and I swear they injected foie gras in the middle it was sooooooooooooo tasty and good. And it came with a mountain of fries - imagine a 12" round plate, half the plate sat the steak, on the other half were the fries - piled 6 inches high I shit you not. Simply heaven. What more can you ask for?

And speaking of steaks, today is STEAK AND BJ DAY! Yup, it's exactly what you think it means and it's real (google it!). Can't wait to see how many steaks we sell tonight at the restaurant. =)

Now, since coming back from Napa, I have been working like a freaking dog. I have this one issue at work that will hopefully get handled today. Ask me Saturday if you want to hear this rant and I will be more than happy to tell you what happened. Speaking of Saturday, I'm OFF! That means I get to go to LizChan's housewarming and play Wii!! haha

Seriously guys, what do you want to do Sunday? Want to cook dinner at my house? Nat, want to get Chicken Feet at Dim Sum? LOL What's the plan? Can't wait for the weekend! Natalie, dont forget to bring all your belongings back up so we can find you a job and a new place to stay in the city.

For now, I'm out... and this is PUBLISHED! YES!

No comments: