Wednesday, March 14, 2007

My First Day Rocked!

If only everyday could feel like today...

waking up at 4am sucks a butt load, but coming home at 3pm makes up for it. Now I have the option of going to the gym if I want...which I will today (we'll see how long this last) . But today was a great day. It was my first day on the job and I could not have imagined it any better. The transition from small family owned grungy bakery to big time corporate world was smooOOoth. I'm in a brand new building, which means that everything is CLEAN and new! They've got like 5 different separate walk-ins. One for the produce, one for cheese and dairy, another just for the catering station and grab-n-go station (that's me for now) and a freezer. It's unbelievable!

They've only been open for a week, the layout of the cafe (cafeteria style) is impeccable and so fun to walk through. The food looks and taste great. After touring several cafes, I realized how good these researchers have it. I was so jealous, but then I found out that we were allowed to eat and sit in the cafe as well...I heard that some employees are enjoying two sometimes three meals a day!!! Can you believe that?!? It's only been open for a week so I'm sure they're gonna crack down on that. But boy was the food delicious! This morning I had oatmeal and made my own fruit salad, then for lunch i HAD Chicken marinated in a soy mixture (delish!) and risotto croquette infused with truffle oil (double delish!), and a salad on the side. Dude, if I get fat, you'll know from where.


Although it was only my first day, and the cafe is still new and business is a little slow right now, I think I can be very happy here. The kitchen is dominated by men, there's only one other female working in the kitchen...but I think they're still looking to hire.

I wish I could write more, but my brain is totally tired, and overworked. Will tell you more later.

1 comment:

Nat said...

So happy for you Liz!